“Mondays will be dedicated to bringing awareness to MS and encouragement and resources to those who are challenged with it.
We will be working hand in hand with The National Multiple Sclerosis Society.
“MS Wellness Mondays” will include experts who can talk about topics like nutrition and other wellness topics, in addition to fitness.” -John Rowley
Julia Santiago Director of Wellness
National Multiple Sclerosis Society Southern California & Nevada Chapter
This empowering program could be the best thing you do for yourself each week.
If you are experiencing changes related to your MS symptoms and are ready to take control and make personal changes then discover how to reclaim your sense of well-being.
Explore a new approach to healthy living—staying fit, having fun, finding balance and becoming more the person you want to be! An experienced team of professionals who understand MS will help bring your personal goals to life with a customized program that’s right for you.
In just one day each week, you can take part in activities that can enhance your overall health, improve or stabilize function, increase independence and optimize your ability to live well with MS, including:
- adaptive exercise (yoga, tai chi, strength training)
- memory enhancement
- group support
- art therapy
- stress management
- health education…and more!
Empower Yourself……Enroll Today!
Living Well with MS is an extraordinary program that was originally designed to help those living with a recent diagnosis better understand multiple sclerosis and develop lifestyle strategies that can help diminish the effects of the disease. This 12-week online wellness class is now open to all who want to explore what they can do to positively impact their personal well-being.
The Living Well Experience provides fun and interactive activities that let you try out new strategies while exploring topics like fatigue, stress management, employment & careers, relationships, and more! Discussions connect you with others—just like you—where you can share experiences and learn first hand from each other.
Each week, the class offers information that can help you:
- Better manage MS and its symptoms
- Develop healthy eating habits and understand the role nutrition plays in MS
- Integrate a comprehensive approach to exercise into your personal fitness plan
- Develop positive emotional and spiritual health practices to use across your lifetime.
Whether you’re newly diagnosed or have been living well with MS for several years, discover what you can do to enhance the manageability of your disease and integrate healthy lifestyle practices in your everyday life.
Become knowledgeable and more confident about your future.Fall session begins September 16, 2013.
Cost: $25.00 per person. Pre-registration required.
Choose the online-only course OR the blended learning (online + in-person):
- Online session begins September 16, 2013 and runs through December 2, 2013. Click here to register now for the online-only course.
- In person-classes exercise meet at The Marilyn Hilton MS Achievement Center at UCLA, Mondays, September 16 – December 2, 2013 (no class on November 11), 6:30 – 7:30 pm. To register, fill out an application in the blue box on the right or call Tiffany Jordan at 310.479.4456, ext. 66130.