MSstation Inc. May 2018 Fundraiser- Join the Movement!
The National MS Society Financial Assistance Program
Multiple sclerosis creates a range of challenges that can result in short-term financial crises, difficulty obtaining critical equipment and home or auto modifications, and diminished capacity to pay for MS-generated needs. The National MS Society’s Financial Assistance Program offers guidance, leverage and resources to help contain the financial impact of MS.
How Does The Financial Assistance Program Work?
This nationwide program is comprised of a range of initiatives that support independence, safety, health and quality of life for people living with MS, as well as their families. These initiatives address areas of special importance to the MS community and leverage knowledge and resources that can have a significant, lasting impact. In the past, the program has provided support for needed modifications to homes and automobiles, helped with the purchase of wheelchairs and walkers, and provided immediate resources to overcome urgent financial crises.
Who Can Be Served?
Anyone with a confirmed diagnosis of MS (or related disorder*) who can demonstrate true financial need associated with the effects of the disorder is eligible for consideration. Since resources are limited, the National MS Society may not be able to fulfill all requests or cover all expenses related to a needed service or item. However, a consistent application process and the thorough evaluation of each application will help ensure support for those whose needs are the greatest and where support can be most effectively leveraged. When we are not able to fund specific needs through our own program resources, we can provide information and resources to help identify alternative solutions.
What Are The Program Goals?
The Financial Assistance Program was developed to bring meaningful financial assistance to as many people living with MS as possible, with emphasis on helping people maintain their independence, safety, health and quality of life.
We may be able to help with the following types of requests:
- Respite services such as short term home care
- Durable medical equipment and air conditioners
- Accessibility modifications to homes or automobiles such as ramps and hand controls
- Transportation to medical appointments
- Critical short term needs such as emergency help with utilities or rent
- Health and wellness support
Since resources vary by community, eligible items and services available in a given area may differ.
What Is The Financial Assistance Program NOT Designed To Do?
This program is not intended to support ongoing services in a role similar to that of an insurer, or to cover credit card bills, insurance premiums or previously incurred expenses. Nor will the Society provide financial assistance in instances where such support can be obtained elsewhere; in these cases the Society will provide information and support to help obtain those resources from other sources.
How Do I Get Started?
A common application and process provides access to all of the Financial Assistance Program’s initiatives in a community. To speak with an MS Navigator®, who can review available resources with you and provide an application, please contact the National MS Society at 1-800-344-4867.
* Clinically isolated syndrome, e.g. optic neuritis; Diffuse cerebral sclerosis (including Schilder’s Disease); Acute disseminated encephalomyelitis (post-infectious Encephalomyelitis or ADEM); Balo’s disease; Neuromyelitis optica (Devic’s disease or Devic’s syndrome); Transverse myelitis.
About the National Multiple Sclerosis Society
The National MS Society is a collective of passionate individuals who want to do something about MS now—to move together toward a world free of multiple sclerosis. MS stops people from moving. We exist to make sure it doesn’t.
We help each person address the challenges of living with MS through our 50-state network of chapters. The Society helps people affected by MS by funding cutting-edge research, driving change through advocacy, facilitating professional education, and providing programs and services that help people with MS and their families move their lives forward.
- We are moving research forward by relentlessly pursuing prevention, treatment and cure.
- We are moving to reach out and respond to individuals, families and communities living with multiple sclerosis.
- We are moving politicians and legislation to champion the needs of people with MS through activism, advocacy and influence.
- We are moving to mobilize the millions of people who want to do something about MS now.
JOIN THE MOVEMENT
Click on the link below register a new DIY event or log-in to your current DIY Fundraising center.
Phone (844) 833-3330
Authors Sign Up for an Interview & Feature your Book on MSstation™ Book Club MSstationBookClub.com for a Cause!
This Isn’t Your Typical Radio Interview!!
1) Huge Amazon Links on ALL Websites
2) Full Page Design with Book Synopsis, Author’s Bio, Website Links, Book Reviews and Trailers!
3) On Air LIVE & Archive Commercials!
4) One Month of ongoing Posts on Social Networking Sites (Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn)
5) Invites to >5,500!
6) LIVE and Archive Shows for your Website
7) Book Reviews
8) & the Many, Many Perks of Being a MSstation Book Club Author!!!
Phone: (844) 833-3330
or Sign up via our Website!
Please, enter information about your book, business, product or event below…